Do you know how to reheat brats?
So you had a big barbeque party and ended up with a few leftovers? Reheating grilled food can be tricky, so it is necessary to learn how to do it the proper way without compromising on its taste and texture.
Learn these simple methods to reheat brats so you don’t have to let your leftovers go to waste; especially when you consider how many ways you can consume them the next day.
How to Store Leftover Brats
Freshly cooked bratwursts can be stored in the fridge for up to four days, whereas they will stay good in the freezer for up to three months.
TRENDING:Can this elixir reverse aging skin? Simple trick to cure brain fog. Liquid IV Reviews 2022 – Is the *HYPE* justified? Best all-in-one meal replacement? Ka'Chava Athletic Greens - World's Best Green Drink? RYZE Coffee - Coffee with a brain boost
Just makes sure to store them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or foil before storing them in the fridge or freezer.
How to Reheat Brats
There are several ways to opt for when attempting to reheat brats:
Although microwave has a bad reputation with reheating some foods, it is actually the best method to go for when reheating brats. It is easy, quick and gives satisfactory results.
- Place the brats on a microwave-safe plate or bowl.
- Add a little water to the dish.
- Place them in the microwave on low power.
- Allow them to heat for 30 seconds.
- Check to see if heated properly.
- If not, repeat the process until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Remove from the microwave and enjoy.
Don’t worry; this method is much more easy to do than it is to pronounce. This is arguably the best method to reheat grilled bratwurst while retaining their taste and texture, and will leave you with tender sausages. It just takes a little more time and precision than the microwave.
- Fill a pot of water and place it on the stove on low heat.
- Bring it to simmer. Do not bring it to a boil.
- Put your brats in a heat-proof vacuum-seal plastic bag. Make sure to seal the bag completely to not let any water slip in.
- Put the bag into the pot and allow it to heat for five minutes.
- Remove from the pot and the bag, and serve immediately.
This method will reheat brats evenly and you don’t have to worry about drying them out.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your sausages on a non-stick baking sheet.
- If you do not have a non-stick baking sheet, you can line any baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Allow them to reheat for ten minutes.
- Check to see if heated thoroughly. If not, allow them to reheat for an additional five minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for a minute before serving them.
There you have it – now you can enjoy your leftovers brats as ingredients to your favorite breakfast, make a hot dog, or just enjoy them on their own.