Have you ever thrown away a large batch of leftover French fries because you thought there is no way for leftover fries to taste the same way after reheating? Fortunately, you never have to do that again with our tips on how to reheat fries.
Contrary to popular belief, it is actually quite easy to reheat fries so that they are hot and crispy again. Just remember to never microwave them. It may seem easy and convenient to throw them in the microwave, but it will make them dry and soggy, and ruin their flavor.
Read on to find out what is the best way to store and reheat fries.
How to Store Fries?
Before you get to reheating the fries, it is crucial that you store them properly so that they are still safe and delicious to eat in the future.
Store your leftover French fries in an air tight container, or wrap them tightly with a plastic wrap or heavy-duty aluminum foil. It is important to keep it as airtight as possible to preserve the texture of the fries. If stored properly, these French fries will last up to 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
If you have to store your fries for longer than 5 days, then freezing is the best option. Use the same method of either storing it in an airtight container or a heavy-duty freezer bag, or wrap them in heavy-duty aluminum foil or a freezer wrap, and they can be stored up to 10 to 12 months in the freezer. If constantly kept at 0 degrees Fahrenheit, French fries will remain safe to eat indefinitely. Although their quality may start to deter after a year.
Always remember that bacteria grow rapidly at temperatures between 40 to 140 degree Fahrenheit, so any cooked French fires that were left at room temperature for more than 2 hours should be discarded immediately.
The French fires should also be discarded if you feel there is anything off about the smell or the appearance, even after they have been frozen. Avoid tasting them too.
How to Reheat Fries?
Although there are a several ways to reheat dries, the best way to do it is to use an air fryer.
Here’s how you can reheat fries in an air fryer:
- Set your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and let it preheat for a few minutes.
- Spread the fries out on the basket. Try not to fill it more than half, as it will prevent the fries from getting crispy. If you have a lot to reheat, then do it in batches.
- Heat them for about 3 to 4 minutes. Shake the basket a little halfway through.
- Check to see if they have reached the desired temperature. Give them another minute if not heated through.
- Remember to always keep an eye on the fries, as the can literally burn within seconds.
- Remove from the basket and serve immediately.
It’s as simple as that! So stop throwing away your leftover fries, and try this method to reheat them. Trust me, you won’t regret it.