AutoGen is a new software framework from Microsoft designed to make it easier to build applications that use advanced artificial intelligence (AI). It does so by allowing multiple “agents” to talk to each other to solve problems. These agents can be AI models, tools, or even human beings. By letting them converse, they can figure out solutions to tasks more efficiently.
Here’s a simpler breakdown:
- Customizable Agents: You can tailor these agents according to your needs. They can be based on AI, specific tools you use, or even include humans as part of the team.
- Conversations to Solve Tasks: These agents can “chat” with each other, in a way, to work through problems and find solutions.
- Different Modes: The framework allows for various ways of combining AI, human inputs, and tools to tackle tasks. For example, you can have an AI agent and a human working together.
Advantages of AutoGen:
- Balancing Strengths and Weaknesses: It makes the best use of AI’s strong points while also acknowledging its limitations, allowing for a more effective problem-solving process.
- Human and AI Collaboration: It also brings in human understanding and intelligence, making the solutions more reliable and nuanced.
- Simplifying Complex Tasks: If you’re looking to build something complex using AI, AutoGen makes this easier by automating many of the steps through these agent conversations.
Developers have successfully used AutoGen for a range of applications, from coding and mathematics to entertainment and online decision-making.
The paper that goes over the findings.
This is where you can get the code, read the quick start and see use cases.