Who doesn’t love chicken nuggets? It is the one of those foods that is adored by kids and adults alike.
Whether you have whipped up a batch of homemade chicken nuggets or bought a large bucket from your favorite fast food chain, there’s always a chance of ending up with a few leftovers.
You may think that trying to reheat chicken nuggets is a waste of time as they always come out looking dull and taste soggy, don’t toss them away just yet.
The good news is that it is possible to reheat chicken nuggets so they have the same texture and crispiness as before. Read on to learn how.
How to Store Leftover Chicken Nuggets?
Storing chicken nuggets is rather easy, as they don’t become stale very quickly. Just make sure they don’t stay at room temperature for longer than two hours after being cooked or purchased.
Store them in an airtight container or a Ziploc bag, or wrap them in a plastic wrap. These will stay good for up to 4 days in the fridge, and 2 to 3 months in the freezer. Although it is better to consume them as soon as possible, store-bought nuggets can last up to a week in the fridge without going bad.
How to Reheat Chicken Nuggets
When it comes to reheating chicken nuggets while preserving their tenderness and the crispy golden crumbs, the oven is your way to go. It takes a little longer than the other methods, but it is definitely worth the wait.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken nuggets on the parchment.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and let it heat for 10 minutes.
- Check to make sure it is heated properly. Give another few minutes if not.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Although the microwave is more convenient, it will leave you with slightly tough chicken nuggets. So only use this method if you don’t have time to preheat the oven.
- Place the nuggets on a microwave-safe plate.
- Do not overlap them. If you have a lot of nuggets, warm them up in multiple batches instead of pilling up on each other.
- Place them in the microwave on medium to high heat.
- Let them heat for about 30 seconds until the heat distributes evenly.
- Check to see if they are warm enough. If not, give an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and serve.
This method can be a little tricky, but can give better results than the microwave if you are in a hurry. Just follow the steps properly, and keep a close eye on the stove so you don’t end up with burnt nuggets.
- Place a frying pan on the stove on medium flame.
- Add a touch of olive oil, or any other oil of choice, and let it heat for a couple of seconds.
- Make sure you don’t add too much oil, as the nuggets will absorb most of it and could become too oily to eat.
- Add the chicken nuggets to the frying pan, and let them heat for a minute on each side.
- Check to see if they are warm enough. If not, give another minute on each side.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately.