Sweet potatoes are a healthy alternative to regular ones and we love them in any form – baked, mashed, or even fried. Many people like to eat baked sweet potatoes but sometimes they end up baking too many of them and can’t consume them all in one sitting. This is when they wonder and ask themselves, ‘How to reheat baked sweet potatoes?’
The answer to this question is a resounding yes, which means that you don’t have to throw away leftover sweet potatoes in the bin. After all, this isn’t the fate these tasty treats deserve. In this post, we have provided easy-to-understand instructions on how to reheat a baked sweet potato.
Reheating Baked Sweet Potatoes
1. In the Oven
You can use your oven to reheat baked sweet potatoes. Here’s how to do it the right way:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take the frozen sweet potatoes out and allow them to warm up to room temperature.
- Now place the baked sweet potatoes on a thin sheet of aluminum foil so that they heat evenly from all sides. Put the sheet inside of the oven and allow it to heat for about 10 to 12 minutes. Make sure to flip the potatoes halfway through the heating
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and check if they are warm enough to heat. If not, place them back and allow them to heat for another two minutes
- Cut the potatoes open and enjoy these delicious treats
2. On the Pan
You can also reheat the baked sweet potatoes on a non-stick frying pan. Follow the instructions below to ensure that you don’t end up burning the potatoes while heating them.
- Take the frozen potatoes out and allow them to come to room temperature
- Spray a small amount of oil on your non-stick frying pan. Heat the pan a little and then put your baked sweet potatoes on it. Make sure that the potatoes are facing down
- Cover the pan with a lid. Make sure that the heat is set to low and allow the potatoes to heat for about 4 minutes. Watch the potatoes to ensure that they don’t burn
- Remove the lid and then turn the heat up a little. Flip the potatoes to ensure that the skin is crispy on all sides
- Take the potatoes out and check if they are warm enough to heat. If not, put them back in the pan and heat for another few minutes.
- The potatoes should now be ready so enjoy them with any desired topping
With these two methods, you can reheat frozen sweet potatoes and enjoy some leftover treats. Which of the two methods of reheating baked sweet potatoes do you like the most?