Costco makes an amazing rotisserie chicken that you can get on a budget. Rotisserie chickens are a very versatile food because they can be eaten on their own, with sides, or taken apart to create whole new dishes like salads or sandwiches. But, they have a tendency of drying out when they’re being heated, so there’s always a need to know how to reheat a rotisserie chicken from Costco while avoiding ending up with dry, chalky chicken.
Costco is known for the large size of the birds they sell at a low price. Their rotisserie chicken is also one of the best tasting grocery store chicken you can get! But, because of the size of the meal, it is very unlikely you are going to be able to eat the whole thing in one sitting; that’s where the reheating comes into play.
TRENDING VIDEOS:==> Scientists discover plant that IMPROVES INTELLIGENCE. ==> How to Increase Credit Score FAST in 2022. ==> Why millions have stopped drinking coffee and drink THIS instead.
Below we will share two ways on how to reheat a rotisserie chicken from Costco. One way will highlight how to reheat the whole chicken on the bone while the other will tell you how to reheat just the meat.
Reheating The Whole Rotisserie Chicken:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Get a relatively deep baking dish and pour in some chicken broth, gravy, or even water if you don’t have those available. A liquid in the base will keep the chicken from drying out.
- Place the chicken on top of the liquid. Ensure that the liquid covers at least a quarter-inch of the chicken.
- Cover the dish with an oven-safe lid if you have one, or then tightly cover the chicken with foil.
- Place the chicken into the oven for about 25 minutes. If you have a larger bird, you might have to leave it for a few minutes over.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and remove the cover. Place the chicken back in the oven for an additional 5-8 minutes to crisp the skin.
- If you want the skin to get extra crispy, put on the broiler setting on your oven and put the chicken back in for an additional 10 minutes. Keep an eye on your chicken to ensure that it doesn’t burn.
Reheating the Chicken off the Bone:
Removing the chicken from the bone to reheat it is a great way to do it.
The bones in the chicken heat up faster than the meat, which can tend to dry it out. This way, you can also control the amount of chicken you want to heat up rather than heating the whole thing.
- Remove the pieces of chicken that you want to heat up and make sure there are no bones.
- Wrap up each individual piece in a wet paper towel (make sure the paper towel is microwave-safe).
- Heat the chicken in the microwave oven. Stop every 30 seconds to check if it is hot enough. Once you reach your desired heat, your chicken will be ready!
There is your simple guide on how to reheat a rotisserie chicken from Costco in two ways.
Can I Reheat Rotisserie Chicken?
If you’re like most people, you probably have a go-to meal that you can always count on when you’re short on time or just don’t feel like cooking. For many, that meal is rotisserie chicken. Rotisserie chicken is not only delicious, but it’s also easy to prepare and can be a healthy option if you choose the right kind.
The question of whether or not you can reheat rotisserie chicken is one that gets asked a lot. The answer is yes, you can reheat rotisserie chicken. However, there are some things to keep in mind when doing so.
First of all, it’s important to make sure that the chicken is fully cooked before reheating. If it’s not, then there is a risk of food poisoning.
Secondly, you’ll want to reheat the chicken slowly and at a low temperature in order to prevent it from drying out.
How to Store Rotisserie Chicken Properly?
If you’re like most people, you probably enjoy the occasional rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store. They’re delicious, convenient, and relatively inexpensive. However, if you don’t store them properly, they can quickly become spoiled and unsafe to eat. Here’s how to store rotisserie chicken so it stays fresh and delicious.
First, if you plan on eating the chicken within a day or two, you can keep it in the refrigerator. Simply place the whole chicken (or individual pieces) in a covered container and store it in the fridge. It will be good for up to four days.
If you need to store the chicken for longer than that, it’s best to freeze it. Place the whole chicken (or individual pieces) in a freezer-safe container or bag and store it in the freezer. It will be good for up to four months.
When you’re ready to eat the chicken, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight. Then, cook it according to your recipe or simply reheat it in the microwave.
Storing rotisserie chicken properly will help ensure that it stays fresh and delicious.