Thank you for visiting our little part of the internet 🙂
We strive to create the most comprehensive, helpful and accurate library of content around the topics of health, nutrition and living the good life.
While many authors contribute to our site, our editorial team goes over the content to check for accuracy and to update it as needed to make sure it’s current and doesn’t get out of date.
- Transparent Sponsorship – if we get paid to review something or so cover a specific subject, you should know about it. Sponsored products will be marked as such. Some links will be affiliate links and may pay us if you choose to purchase something (at no extra cost to you). Overall we strive to be about YOU… not about MONEY.
- Be Fair – we want to cover everything while being fair. We also want to give our honest opinions. Sometimes that conflicts. Our goal is to try to understand both sides and give you, the reader, our best summary of the facts as well as our own opinions. We never lie to push our own agenda.
How we keep the lights on (make money):
As part of aiming to be as transparent as possible to our readers, we provide below a list of ways in which we could potentially generate revenue to fund operations.
Keep in mind, we do NOT let this influence editorial decisions:
Affiliate code links in suggestions on where to go to buy a bottle of something we write about.
Affiliate code links to things we reference in buying guides, including items up on Amazon.
Traditional web advertising via banner ads on the site.
Sponsored content (i.e. advertorials), which will be clearly spelled out as such when posted.
Sponsored portions of the site, such as specific categories, articles or topics.
Selling our own merchandise and products when and if available.
Meet Our Editors
Natalia is an engineer in the Bio-Tech space. She has been working for almost 20 years with large fortune 500 companies as well as growing startups to create the best health and wellness products that you see on your store shelves (as well as at your doctor’s office).
- L-carnitine Instant Coffee for Weight Lossby Natalia ChristineLooking to try L-carnitine instant coffee for weight loss and shedding a few pounds? We look at the science behind this combo, the safety and whether or not you should try it out for yourself. WHAT IS L-CARNITINE? L-carnitine is an amino acid that plays a role in energy production. It helps the body turn … Continue reading “L-carnitine Instant Coffee for Weight Loss”
- Does Whey Protein Have Lactoseby Natalia ChristineAre you lactose intolerant and wondering “Does Whey Protein Have Lactose?”. We give you a few tips to make sure you won’t have any issues! WHAT IS WHEY PROTEIN MADE OUT OF Whey protein is a protein supplement made out of whey. Whey is the liquid that separates from milk during the cheese making process. … Continue reading “Does Whey Protein Have Lactose”
- How Long After Protein Shake to Eat Meal?by Natalia ChristineHow long you wait to eat after drinking a protein shake depends on your goals. If you’re trying to build muscle, you may want to wait 30-60 minutes before eating a meal. This gives your body time to absorb the nutrients from the shake and start building muscle. If you’re just looking for a quick … Continue reading “How Long After Protein Shake to Eat Meal?”
- Milk Substitute for Smoothies and Protein Shakesby Natalia ChristineLooking for some healthy milk substitute for smoothies and protein shakes? Here our topic recommendations. Of course, water is always an option… but let’s skip that one shall we? 1. ALMOND MILK Almond milk is a delicious, dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk that can be used in smoothies. It has a creamy texture and a … Continue reading “Milk Substitute for Smoothies and Protein Shakes”
- Essential vs Nonessential Amino Acids: Their Functions and the Full Listby Natalia ChristineEssential vs Nonessential Amino Acids have some very specific differences for muscle growth and overall health function for humans. Both are important in their own ways. Here we break down their functions and what you need to know about the differences in them. WHAT ARE AMINO ACIDS? Amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. … Continue reading “Essential vs Nonessential Amino Acids: Their Functions and the Full List”
- Whey Isolate vs Concentrate Differencesby Natalia ChristineWondering which type of protein is better for you. We example whey isolate vs concentrate and how they are similar and different. WHAT IS WHEY PROTEIN? Whey protein is one of the two main types of proteins found in milk. It’s a complete protein, meaning it contains all the essential amino acids your body needs. … Continue reading “Whey Isolate vs Concentrate Differences”
- How Many Protein Shakes a Day Do You Need?by Natalia ChristineHow many protein shakes a day should you be drinking? Is there such a think as too much? We dive into how to calculate the right amount. WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PROTEIN SHAKES? There are many advantages of protein shakes, including their ability to help build muscle, lose weight, and increase energy levels. Protein … Continue reading “How Many Protein Shakes a Day Do You Need?”
- Mold Free Coffee – Our Top Rated Brands and The Science Behind Themby Natalia ChristineAre you looking to make sure you are drinking mold free coffee? We look at the top rated mold free coffee brands as well as mycotoxin science. It’s no secret that coffee is popular. But, there’s ongoing evidence that shows that drinking coffee can have some health benefits, even when you add sugar. While some … Continue reading “Mold Free Coffee – Our Top Rated Brands and The Science Behind Them”
- Can You Take Collagen While Pregnant?by Natalia ChristineLooking to get the benefits of collagen while expecting? You might be wondering “Can You Take Collagen While Pregnant?” Let’s take a look at how safe this supplement is for you and baby. MEDICAL DISCLAIMER: As with any supplement, please consult with your doctor to see if it’s safe for you. The information provided here … Continue reading “Can You Take Collagen While Pregnant?”
- How Long Does it Take for Collagen Supplements to Workby Natalia ChristineYou’ve started your collagen supplementation and you’re wondering “How long does it take for collagen supplements to work?” Different beneficial effects of collagen intake will start being noticeable over time. Let’s examine what benefits you will see and when you should expect to see them. WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE COLLAGEN There are numerous benefits of … Continue reading “How Long Does it Take for Collagen Supplements to Work”
- Does Collagen Make You Gain Weightby Natalia ChristineYou’ve heard the benefits of collagen by now, but some questions remain. For example “does collagen make you gain weight?” Let’s find out. WHAT DOES COLLAGEN DO FOR YOUR BODY? Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body, accounting for about one-third of its total protein content. It’s found in your skin, bones, tendons, … Continue reading “Does Collagen Make You Gain Weight”
- Bovine Collagen vs Marine Collagen by Natalia ChristineComparing bovine collagen vs. marine collagen is tricky. Both collagen types can provide massive benefits, but there are subtle differences. Below we’ll cover the pros and cons of each type so you can decide which one’s right for you. Marine Collagen Using the whole fish used to be a common occurrence. Our ancestors and more … Continue reading “Bovine Collagen vs Marine Collagen “
- How Much Whey Protein Per Day Do You Need?by Natalia ChristineInterested in knowing how much whey protein per day you should be consuming? Here is how to adjust your intake to meet your goals. What Is Whey Protein? Whey protein is a type of protein that is derived from milk. It is the liquid portion of milk that remains after the solid curds have been … Continue reading “How Much Whey Protein Per Day Do You Need?”
- What Are BCAAs? (Branched-Chain Amino Acids)by Natalia ChristineBCAAs are a group of three essential amino acids – leucine, isoleucine, and valine – that are involved in many important processes in the body, including protein synthesis. BCAAs are often taken as a supplement to help promote muscle growth and recovery from exercise. However, they may also have other benefits, such as reducing fatigue … Continue reading “What Are BCAAs? (Branched-Chain Amino Acids)”
- Does Bone Broth Break a Fast?by Natalia ChristineBone broth is a delicious, nutrient dense drink that is growing in popularity due to it’s health effects including improving gut health. It’s often talked about alongside fasting, which begs the question “Does Bone Broth Break a Fast?” The answer is a bit complicated, so let’s dive in. What Is Intermittent Fasting? Intermittent fasting is … Continue reading “Does Bone Broth Break a Fast?”
- How Long Does Pre Workout Last?by Natalia ChristinePre-workout supplements are designed to help you maximize your time in the gym and get the most out of your workout. But how long do they actually last? Most pre-workouts contain caffeine as their main active ingredient. Caffeine has a half-life of about 4-6 hours, which means that it takes that long for your body … Continue reading “How Long Does Pre Workout Last?”
- How Many Scoops of Collagen per Day?by Natalia ChristineHow many scoops of collagen per day? It is difficult to give an exact amount as it will depend on the person’s weight, activity level, and other factors. However, a good rule of thumb is to take 1-2 scoops per day. Recommended Collagen Dosage When it comes to taking collagen supplements, there is no one-size-fits-all … Continue reading “How Many Scoops of Collagen per Day?”
- MCT Oil Dosage: How Much MCT Oil Should I Take Per Day?by Natalia ChristineThere is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the amount of MCT oil you should take per day will depend on factors such as your individual body composition and weight, your activity level, and your goals. However, a general guideline is to start with 1-2 tablespoons (15-30ml) per day, and increase gradually as needed. … Continue reading “MCT Oil Dosage: How Much MCT Oil Should I Take Per Day?”
- Lion’s Mane Dosageby Natalia ChristineLooking for the correct Lion’s Mane Dosage for yourself? Curious what amount you should take, what the maximum safe limit is? Let’s find out! People take all sorts of supplements to improve their mental and physical health. While there’s usually plenty of research done about the benefits of those supplements, it’s hard to be sure … Continue reading “Lion’s Mane Dosage”
- How to Mix Protein Powder [according to THE expert]by Natalia ChristineThere are many ways to mix protein powder. Some people like to mix it with water, while others prefer milk or juice. You can also add protein powder to smoothies or baking recipes. If you’re mixing protein powder with water, you’ll want to use a shaker bottle or blender to get a smooth consistency. Simply … Continue reading “How to Mix Protein Powder [according to THE expert]”
- Light vs Medium vs Dark Roast Coffee: Which is Best?by Natalia ChristineEver wonder about the differences of Light vs Medium vs Dark Roast Coffee and which one is the best for health, flavor and caffeine content? Light roast coffee is often praised for its delicate flavor and high acidity. Medium roast coffee is a happy middle ground between light and dark roasts, offering a balance of … Continue reading “Light vs Medium vs Dark Roast Coffee: Which is Best?”
- BEST THINGS TO DRINK IN THE MORNING FOR SUSTAINED ENERGYby Natalia ChristineOne year I decided to determine once and for all what the absolute best morning energy drink was. Coffee is ok for most people, but what if you want healthy, sustained energy without jitters and crashes? Does that seem too good to be true? In this article I will go over specific ingredients that you … Continue reading “BEST THINGS TO DRINK IN THE MORNING FOR SUSTAINED ENERGY”
- Beetroot Powder Benefitsby Natalia ChristineLet’s dive into the potential Beetroot Powder benefits and how this root can supercharge your health. Beets are nothing new to the culinary world, but this little vegetable is gaining recognition as a powerful nitric oxide booster, while being all natural. Too good to be true? Let’s find out. What is Beetroot Powder Beetroot powder … Continue reading “Beetroot Powder Benefits”
- Alani Nu Pre Workout Reviewsby Natalia ChristineIn this review, we will be looking at Alani Nu Pre Workout and how it can help you achieve your fitness goals. Alani Nu is an all-in-one pre-workout supplement that has been designed to help you get the most out of your workout. It has several different ingredients that work together to provide the right … Continue reading “Alani Nu Pre Workout Reviews”
- How Long After Teeth Whitening Can I Drink Coffee?by Natalia ChristineTeeth whitening is the process of lightening the color of your teeth. It can be done by a professional dentist, or at home using over-the-counter whitening products. Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dentistry procedure because it can significantly improve the appearance of your smile. Whiter teeth can make you look younger and more attractive, … Continue reading “How Long After Teeth Whitening Can I Drink Coffee?”
- Is Mushroom Coffee Safe While Breastfeeding?by Natalia ChristineAn important question that comes up for people looking to start experiencing the benefits of mushroom coffee: “Is mushroom coffee safe while breastfeeding?” ANSWER: Mushroom coffee has active mushroom compounds that CAN affect your endocrine system (your hormones) and therefore should be avoided when pregnant or breastfeeding. Of course check with your doctor for specific … Continue reading “Is Mushroom Coffee Safe While Breastfeeding?”
- Athletic Greens Review 2022by Natalia ChristineThe results are in and the Athletic Greens review is up! We dive deep to see if this all-in-one green drink is worth the money. Working out and staying active benefits the body immensely – but without nutrition, a fitness regime suffers. Keeping healthy throughout life requires equal amounts of nutritious foods and physical activity. … Continue reading “Athletic Greens Review 2022”
- Happy Mammoth Reviewby Natalia ChristineHappy Mammoth products target hormonal imbalances, mood disorders, sleep quality, immune deficiencies, metabolic imbalances, and digestive issues. We will review some of the best-selling items from Happy Mammoth, including Prebiotic Collagen Protein, New & Ultra Potent Hormone Harmony, Hormone Harmony PLUS+, Ultra Absorb L-Glutamine, and Deep Sleep Mode. About the Brand The Happy Mammoth brand … Continue reading “Happy Mammoth Review”
- RYZE Mushroom Coffee Reviews 2022- the Good and the Badby Natalia ChristineThe RYZE Mushroom Coffee Reviews are in. This new coffee alternatives promises a lot, but does it live up to the hype? Our testers dive in. If you’re a coffee connoisseur, or maybe just around the coffee world, you may have heard about the increasing popularity of mushroom coffee. One of the most popular brands … Continue reading “RYZE Mushroom Coffee Reviews 2022- the Good and the Bad”
- Liquid IV Reviews 2022 – Is the [hype] justified?by Natalia ChristineThe Liquid IV reviews are in! We look at the pros, cons, side effects and if it’s really worth it to buy this product. Liquid IV is a drink mix that you can add to a glass of water to improve hydration. In the following review, we’ll discuss how well this rehydration solution works and … Continue reading “Liquid IV Reviews 2022 – Is the [hype] justified?”